This website is operated and provided by Steer Davies & Gleave Limited (“Steer Davies Gleave”). We believe it is important for you to know what types of information we collect from our website and how we treat information we may receive from you.
The types of information we collect
We may automatically collect information such as the type of internet browser and operating system you use, the Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using, the site from which you linked to our website and the website you visit as you leave this website. We use this information to collect broad demographic information about the visitors to the website and to improve the website’s content and to help us understand how users are interacting with the website and services provided.
What are cookies
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website during your browsing session or on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. The cookies we set do lots of different jobs, like help us to improve the website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, remembering your preferences, and generally improving the user experience. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Cookies can be categorised in accordance with the categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide as set out below:
Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a website and use its features and enable services you have specifically asked for. Consent is not generally required for these cookies.
- Performance cookies – these collect information about how visitors use a website, for example, by recording which pages users go to most often (usually on an anonymous basis).
- Functionality cookies – these cookies allow a website to remember the choices a user makes, such as a user name or language preference.
- Targeting or advertising cookies – these collect information about a user’s browsing habits and are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission.
- Cookies can also be categorised in accordance with how long they are saved on your device: “Session cookies” are short-term cookies that are only saved on the computer’s memory for the duration of a user’s visit to the website, whereas “Persistent cookies” remain saved in the computer’s memory for a set period of time, even after the browser session has ended.
The cookies we use
The following cookies are set on the National Standard website:
|Cookie Name||Purpose||Type and duration|
|These cookies help us to understand how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form on numbers of visitors to the site, where visitors to the site have arrived from and which pages of the site they visit.||Performance cookies
[Session and Persistent (up to 2 years)]
To opt-out of Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Refusing or restricting cookies
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. The Help or Internet Settings function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains detailed information on cookies and how to delete, restrict or block them on a wide variety of browsers. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that if you select to refuse or restrict cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
Use of collected information
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customised experience and to provide the services you have requested. We may also use the information that you have provided to ensure that the content on our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer and to allow you to participate in any interactive features on our website when you choose to do so.
By using our website and providing your personal information, you agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions;
- manage, customise and improve our services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our services and provide you with targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of personal information
We do not share, sell, or lease personal information about you to any third-parties for their marketing use.
However, we may disclose personal information to provide our services, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, and protect our rights and property. The personal information you provide to us may also be shared with affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your inquiries or for any other related purposes.
We may also share your personal information with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services for us;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the website, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person); and
- other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Links to other sites
Security and storage of collected information
Although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though the website.
Steer Davies Gleave
28-32 Upper Ground
London, SE1 9PD
Changes to this policy